Timothy Brown MBA, CFA®, CFP®, RICP®, AIF®
As the founder and president of Brown Wealth Management, Tim leads the firm's investment and financial planning strategies. Prior to starting the firm, Tim worked as an investment analyst, corporate banker, and management consultant with firms including US Bank, Fleet Bank, and Deloitte Consulting.
Tim resides in Eden Prairie with his wife, Stacey, and their four kids. Tim keeps busy staying fit, pursuing a black belt in Tae Kwon Do with his three sons, and reading a good book.
For over 10 years, Tim has led an entertaining 9-week course to help people learn how to create and follow a budget, get out debt as quickly as possible, fund an incredible retirement, fund college for their kids, invest for success, and live generously. To be added to our newsletter list and be notified of the next class, click RocketLauncherClassSignUp.
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance and accounting from the University of Colorado
- Masters of Business Administration(MBA) in business strategy from the University of Minnesota
Awards & Recognition
- Five Star Wealth Manager award every year since 2013 in the Mpls.St. Paul and Twin Cities Business Magazines
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- The Alliance of Preferred Financial Advisors
- CFA® - Chartered Financial Analyst™
- CFP® - Certified Financial Planner™
- RIPC® - Retirement Income Certified Professional®
- AIF® - Accredited Investment Fiduciary™